Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February 28, 2011 "WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!"

HOLA FAMILIA!

I feel like I can't even breath right now. Deron Williams is gone, BYU is doing amazing, and kelsy is going to high school dances. I feel like you are all living in an alternative universe. I don't even know what to think right now. Everyone who has asked yes I get your letters. And I love them, but I am amazed.

Well here in El Salvador was another quick week. I am not gonna write all to much cause I am going to try and send a voice recording and I don't have a whole bunch of time today.

So we did a lot of splits this week again. Almost half the week. We had to do baptismal interviews so that was good. What sucked is that only 1 of the 3 passed. So yesterday we were to have one baptism, but after a giant fiasco, she ended up not getting baptized (well this week, she has a date now for this next Sunday). Ya yesterday was crazy.

This week has been cool though cause the rain has been starting here. Friday was crazy. It went from normal day to flooded streets that became rivers in about 10 minutes. We ran to a members house cause we were getting hammered from the rain. It was really awesome and a lot how I imagined it in the first place.

This week we have also tried a lot of different fruit. It is sweet to walk through the jungles here and see trees of bananas and avocados and mangoes. I tried a red banana this week that was absolutely delicious. I loved it.

We are teaching this family right now named the Family Acencio and they are awesome. It is a miracle we found them one day. And they are reading everything that we have given them. We watched the Restoration yesterday and they told us it solved all there doubts. They are going to go to church with us this week.

I have been telling everyone here this week also how awesome it is that There will be 6 Elder Gillettes out (well one Elder Apsley, but it is like the same) and It just shows how great this work is.

Lets see what else. OH i got a letter this week that was hilarious. I received this week the Christmas card from Scott and Kristin. It was only like 2 months late, but it just shows the mailing system here. Made me wonder if you have gotten my letters that I have sent. Dad I haven´t gotten the calender yet, but I just got an email saying I received a package. So maybe that is it.

Well That is about all, but I love you all a ton and really the more I am out here the easier it is to see miracles. I know God lives and is watching me. I feel great comfort in that. I love you all and will talk to you next week.

Elder Gillette

Ps. my comp like shoved the recording thing in my face and I really didn't know what to say haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment