Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011: Cambios...otra vez







Hola FAMILIA!

Well, this week went super well. This was probably the week I have gotten the most done in my mission I feel like. Last I wrote I believe I told you all that we were going to have interviews with our new Mission President (President Cordòn). We went and had interviews with him on Tuesday. He is from Guatemala, but served his mission in El Salvador and served in my area. He knows a lot of the leaders here and a lot of them he baptized. It was cool to have him come and talk to him. He really knows a lot and I had a really good conversation with him. I learned a lot from the time I had and I applied what he said this week and I feel that is why I had so much success.

Wednesday and Thursday we just spent running around inviting people to come to the temple on Friday. We invited everyone and their dogs to the temple open house. We finally went Friday to the temple and we had a bunch of people come again. It wasn't as many, but it was close. I went around just talking to people the whole time. One of the members in our ward is an English teacher and he brought a lot of his students and a couple fellow teachers. I was in the bus with them and just talked with them. It was a lot of fun and I had some good lessons in the bus. We got to the temple and I met this guy named Julio Cesar that lives in our area. He is this old guy who is really funny. I went through the temple with him and he absolutely loved it. We got to the Baptismal font and he was in awe. We started talking about baptism and he was saying how important it is. I invited him to be baptized and he accepted to be baptized the 24th of July. It was sweet.

2 of our really powerful investigators came also. They loved it also. It was fun to talk to so many people after the temple and see how different they are from talking before the temple to after. It was a lot better this time cause they took there time explaining each room. It was a lot more relaxed. It was an awesome experience.

That night we had a soccer tournament in the back of our chapel. After contacting so much on the bus I was just on a contacting rush and contacted the whole time there too. I could do some soccer tricks and in between games I would do some tricks and they all thought it was so cool. The court has soccer goals and basketball hoops. They all asked me to touch the rim and I touched it and they were all in amazement. For them it is so outrageously high. It was a lot of fun.

Saturday was just about the craziest day of my life (I think I say that every week). We started out in the morning running around trying to get a Identification thing for this lady we were going to marry Saturday. We finally got everything ready and that afternoon we married another couple. There names are Mario Lopez and Glenda. I explained a little about them last week. Glenda is super sweet, but really really shy. She really wants to be part of the church too. Mario was inactive when I came, but after this time he is now active and he gave us the reference of his girlfriend and like I said last week she is pregnant. Mario is super weird though. He told us that he didn't want anybody from his family to be at the wedding. Like he got a lot of the stuff ready for the wedding, but all he asked us is that they aren't there. We had the funniest wedding ever though. The lawyer asked me where I was from in the middle of the marriage and I told him Utah. He then went off for like 10 minutes on why Mormons have such stable marriages and why they have so much money. It was hilarious and He said it is all because they don't drink coffee. It was awesome.

After we went to the church and Glenda got baptized. It was really cool, but it was crazy. Nobody knew about it cause this week we were focused so much on the temple and forgot about the baptism. We ended up bringing about 20 people to the baptism. It went well though.
Yesterday we started the day hoping like 15 investigators would come to church after all the work we had done. We woke up in the morning and went to all of our investigators to bring them and they told us they couldn't go. I was pretty bummed. We got to church and to my surprise Julio Cesar (from the temple) was sitting in one of the banks. He just came all by himself. It was awesome. We ended up having 4 investigators in church and 118 in Sacrament meeting which is amazing. I was super happy yesterday. We went after and taught all these people and one of them is an awesome guy. He kind of reminds me of Casey Spradling a little. He went to the temple and also to church and really wants to change his life. We talked to him, his brother and his friend, who all went to the temple, with there other friend who is a member and invited them to all these things. It was such a spiritual lesson and in the end they really understood the purpose of why we pray. I left feeling like we really taught to what the needed to hear.

We were walking in the street yesterday and we saw a couple people standing around and one was a member so we talked to him. He told us they had just seen a snake and then killed it. I thought they were talking about some small snake or something. We went and saw it and it was a stinking Python. I was freaked out for a sec. We ended up taking out our cameras and taking a couple pictures with it. I sent one in this email. It made me a little nervous to walk in that route after.

Every Sunday night we go and eat with our bishop. His name is Obispo Zambrano. He is a great guy and the best bishop I have seen in the mission. He is a really nice guy, but knows how to work and run the ward. I love Sundays cause his family is super sweet. His Mother-in-law always make us a really good dinner and we talk about the work we did for the week and stuff. It was a lot of fun last night and I am super grateful to be in this area.

This week was super fun and I love my area and all that is going on. We have a ton of great investigators that are progressing and I am super happy. What sucks is that this Wednesday is transfers.... We found out about the transfer last night and it is pretty crazy.................................................................... take a guess................................haha.........................I am going to TRAIN!!!!! I was so stoked to hear the news. Not gonna lie I have really wanted to train, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. Tomorrow I will go to pick him up and take him to his new area. I will be staying here in my area which is nice, but it will be sad to see Elder Romero leave he has been my favorite comp I have had and we have had a lot of fun.

The other two in the house leave also and so it will just be me and the greenie in the house. It will be interesting. I wonder if I will train a Latin or a gringo?

Well sounds like everything there is good. Sounds like Harry Potter was really good. I feel old out here, cause I haven't even seen the first part. That feels weird to me. Well we are going to play soccer right now. SO I am excited for that. I love you all and good luck to KC. I will pray for him. also Gennie and Krick. Love you all and take care!

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment