Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12, 2011: Familia Hasbún

HOLA FAMILIA,

Wowowowowow, I cannot even believe how AMAZING this week has been. So like I told you all last week that I had a break through about the faith. It was amazing and it has been driving me. This week we had a meeting with all the zone and I told them about what I have been thinking a lot about. About how here in our mission the average is to baptized like 20 people per zone a month. Every zone is like 14-18 missionaries and in my zone we have 18. I told my zone that we should put the goal of baptizing 60 people in one month? They all said we should put a more realistic goal of like 25. I am loving the story right now of Peter in Acts where he is talking to a multitude of people and he ends up baptizing more than 3000 people that day. I asked them that, Why can Peter and John baptize 3,000 in one day and 18 missionaries have a hard time baptizing 25 in one month? It was a good moment of pondering for all. I think I woke up some others with that.

Me and my comp though have been making sure we show acts with our faith though. We worked our butts off, but more than anything we are trying to follow the Spirit. One of these days we were doing interchanges and one of the district leaders who is going to end his mission soon came to my area. We went to an investigators house on Friday and invited them to an activity and left. When we were walking away I heard a "chhh.. chhh." I looked around and saw nothing. We continued walking and I heard it again. Then I saw a lady in window calling us over. We went over and we asked what church we are from. I told her and she said that she wants to go to church. We were super stunned. She then told us to wait a sec. She came back and introduced us to her husband and that he wanted to go too. His Name is Orlando Hasbún and his wife is Sandra. They are both about 60 and he has never really attended any church before. They let us in and we taught an amazing lesson and the dad said that from here on out will always go to church even without ever going once he said that. They went to church Sunday and they LOVED IT. They are now planning on getting married and baptized the 24th!

We also were walking Saturday and we felt an impression to go and try and find this guy in a colony nearby. We went but couldn't find his house. We decided we had gone there for a reason and we knocked on a door. This dad answered and he told us he had a church, but we could talk for a sec if he wanted. We talked and he brought his family, a family of 5. We found out that this year has been rough and that the mom's brother died. We started sharing scriptures from the Book of Mormon without explaining it. The mom then asked what book it was that we were reading and that it was so clear in the doctrine. We explained it and we asked if we were to leave it if they would read it. She said that just after reading that little bit, that she was left wanting to read more.

Sunday was an amazing day and we were chilling in sacrament meeting and we heard a car pull up like in the middle of the meeting. We turned around and it was this family of 5. It was awesome and such a surprise. They ended up loving church too.

This week was awesome and we ended up having 14 investigators in church. That is AMAZING. They are all such special people to me also. 2 of them are preparing to be baptized the 17th of this month and 4 for the 24th. We are going to talk to the others in these up coming days.

All our zone did super good this week and the are all super motivated. I am learning so much right now and I now that all the work I am doing right now will pay off so much in the life after the mission (which is like impossible to think about) I can't believe that Christmas is already here. It blows my mind. We already have like the whole week before and after Christmas filled with breakfast, dinners and lunches. I will be smarter than last year and not plan a whole bunch of dinners for the same night haha. That was an experience.

Well it has been fun and It is good to hear about the sweet stories I guess Ozzy has been making up lately. Next week hopefully I will get to hear one or two. This week I recieved the package from Hilz. If for any reason I should need to open it now. You should let me know haha. If not I am waiting til Christmas.

Love you all and I will talk to you next week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment