Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5, 2011: Diciembre ya vino!!!!

HOLA FAMILIA!

Wow! I cannot even believe that it is already December. That just blows my mind. Sounds like there is still not snow up there, but just a whole lot of winds. That sounds like a lot of fun? The weather here has been a little bit chilly too. I almost feel like I might need a sweater. I believe that my belief of "cold" has changed a lot here in the mission. Before at home it was shorts all the time. Here I am used to the weather always being nice and warm. During the day here though is absolutely perfect though. It is just at night when it gets cold and the cold showers just kill me in the morning. That is one thing I will not miss after the mission.

This week was a great week. I learned a lot about myself. We had a meeting with President Cordon and all the Zone Leaders and it was sweet. It took like all day, but I learned something about myself. I started thinking about life and about the future and all the things that I would like to do in the mission. I was thinking about all this stuff and I realized that I have a faith barrier. I was thinking about how I really want to do a lot, but am not sure if I could do it. I have seen a lot of great miracles through faith and believing that you could do that and it hit me in that moment that that is what I needed to do. Believe better and more haha. There is a sweet saying here which is "Quierer es Poder" which translating is "Wanting is Power" or "to want is to be able". I like the both translations of it and the both are sweet. Really if we want to do something. We can! I really believe that now. So I decided to put that in practice with my area. We have so much potential, but it seemed like not a ton was working. So we started to study better and plan and we worked some sweet miracles.

Right now we are working with a guy Hernesto and his is inactive, but we have gotten him to go to church like 3 times. He finally introduced us to his wife (Marlene) and she was not very interested, but we taught her. Like 3 days later we went back and it was Saturday. We asked if she was going to go to church and she said that her mom asked her to go to church with her this week, but Marlene said ."No I am going to go to church with my husband to the Mormon church". I thought it was hilarious but she really had the desire to come and she ended up loving church. I am so thankful for the help we got from the members.

We also had another family of 3 come to church and they loved it too. We had a lot of great things happen and the ward was super excited about it.

I saw one of the old bishops this week from my first zone when I started the missions. He wasn't my bishop, but I saw him a lot when I was on interchanges. It was great to see him and he said he was shocked to see how much I have changed in this year. Like talking Spanish and more outgoing and stuff. I was a weird flashback and weird to think about how long I have been here.

So I thought I would tell you I got two packages this week. One from Krick and the other from Joff. I am going to do what I did last year, I already put these two in my suitcase and I am going to wait til christmas. It will be fun to be with a Gringo this christmas cause we get along so well. Elder Hobbs is a great comp.

Well I do love you all and thanks for all of your letter. I love hearing how everyone is doing. I can't believe Story already has 7 months. Time sure does fly by. Ozzy will be turning 4 also soon. SO crazy!

I love you all  and hope that you have great weeks and that you enjoy the snow, the christmas songs, and all the great movies for me. Talk to you next week.

Elder Gillette

No comments:

Post a Comment